Thursday, July 24, 2008

Relaxin'

Tonight I afforded myself a treat I have not taken since we moved into our new house.

This weekend a family from our Sunday school class came over. We had a great time and the kids were off playing. We were excited to share our plans of fitting more children into our home. I showed her the packed “study” and all my big dreams for the house and rearranging. Somehow we ended up in our “master” bathroom (I’m using that word rather loosely). I was laughing at how small it is and odd that you walk through our closet to get to the bathroom – it is the running joke each evening as Eric and I bump past each other trying to use the same sink. We find it comical. When she saw the bathroom she said, “I guess I never really thought about what all you guys gave up moving here.”

Oh yes, my wonderful bathroom at the old house we built. I probably took this sweet friend on a similar tour in our old house. The crescendo of the tour was always the bathroom for me – nothing all that special, but for me, it was heaven - a separate shower, a corner tub, two sinks with a RAISED countertop (very nice when you are 6’ and 6’ 3”), and even a door leading to the toilet! (See it doesn’t take much to impress me!)

We have never had a “wonderful bathroom” prior to building our last home and I REALLY wanted it to have a nice bathtub (yes, I even tried it out with my clothes on before we purchased the tub). We’ve had nice houses, but always old small bathtubs. My one way to slow down (prior to Joshua) was to sleep or be in the bathtub. I am 100+ miles an hour or fast asleep. My nightly baths at the last house were wonderful. I stayed current on my reading, felt at peace with life, processed the day, and slept better after my sometimes hour long baths.

Well, cramming my 6 foot body into a little tub with mildew sliding doors leaves a little to be desired. Did I mention I have to use a drain stop to keep the water from escaping? So, needless to say, I still love my bath time enough to get in and relax a little every so often, but I’m quick to get out and get ready for bed. Well, tonight I went in, took my monthly Focus on the Family and read it cover to cover…. AHHHH!

Now I can go to bed! :0)
Hope you get some relaxing time too!

No comments: