Sunday, August 3, 2008

Is it just life?

How many times have you heard, "Enjoy these years with your little ones. They will grow up before you know it."?

I feel the truth of this saying. I marvel at how quickly time is slipping by. I see my children's little personalities blossoming in front of our very eyes. I use to think, "yeah, yeah, I know." Today, now that I have really struggled and wrestled with what is important, I hope I am doing a better job. But am I? I'm taking the mental (and actual pictures) of life, but is that enough? Am I stopping to "smell the roses"? Will I look back with regret or will I look back with a full heart and be satisfied?

I love it when I can learn a lesson vicariously. Usually I have to walk through the fire myself to “get it”. SO... for those who have said the expression above – what would you do differently? Those who are trying to savor everyday, what does that mean to you?

The girls and I were cuddled into bed reading a "chapter" book (they feel so grown up now that we read "chapter books"). I just smelled in their clean hair. I let them talked me into just one more chapter. I kissed them goodnight and let them sleep in our bed (big mistake). I know it works for some people, but not my little beautiful munchkins. I was kicked repeatedly, woke to grinding teeth, and wished I had never let them stay. In my mind it is this beautiful thing. I wake up to a little precious face sleeping peacefully next to me… NOT THE CASE. Eric is off on deliveries and we are trying to enjoy the last weeks of summer.

I’d love your thoughts! Do you feel time sliding through your fingers?

Blessings!

No comments: