Saturday, July 5, 2008

To blog or not to blog...

To be or not to be a blogger.

"Everyone is doing it." - that logic never works on me. But just maybe there is a reason "everyone is doing it".

I am debating switching from carepage updates and starting a blog about our family life. It is a difficult decision. Carepages has been my therapy, my way to update about Joshua's medical journey and the challenges we have faced over the past two and half years. It has given me a connection to the "outside world" while we were many times not allowed out. Carepages hold our history - the joys, the struggles, each hospital stay, each test result, every new accomplishment, pictures, poems, heartfelt prayers, etc.

But our future is hopefully going away from daily medical struggles to "normal" (if there is such a thing) struggles. We move forward with a single focus in mind. I want to SHINE my light. In Matthew 5:16 it says, "Let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven." NIV This verse has been one of many that have motivated my life. Given me purpose and direction. It has given me hope during dark days when I wanted to give up. It is something I can do: I can SHINE! Not on my own power. Luckily, the light in me is Jesus Christ! He shines brightly. I just have to allow the light to escape, or let it out, so to speak.

I have always wanted God to use me to share with others. I didn't know He would take me down a difficult road to learn some tough lessons. I'll see how this blogging thing feels for a while. In the meantime, I will still update on Joshua's carepage (www.carepages.com, carepage name: "JoshuaGrantOber" no spaces, case sensitive).

Let's see, I guess the next step is to figure out how to design this page. Hummmm.....

Shining, Olivia

4 comments:

Angela said...

Welcome to the blogosphere, Olivia!! I'm so excited you are blogging!

Jennifer said...

Olivia, I think the blog is great and a great idea.

Anonymous said...

I think it's a great idea for you! I have started blogging recently, slowly getting in to it! I too love the book For Women Only, I led a study group with a few ladies at church a couple of years ago.

Blessings,
Amy Smith

Anonymous said...

Hi Olivia-
I think I like this idea..I am a fellow carepager...and like you it has been a therapy and almost like a reminder of all that was done on a certain day. I love the scapbooking idea unfortunatly I don't have the knack for it...but like you I want to log both the boys last few years...I don't want to loose all that we have been thru and I know it will disappear because many of it you just make it thru...anyway thanks for putting this idea on your carepage!